FluidDA is an imaging CRO providing advanced image processing based on proprietary technology. The technology combines biomedical images such as CT or MRI with advanced engineering methods.
FluidDA's is mainly active in the respiratory field with activities in the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular domain as well. FluidDA's customers range from large pharmaceutical companies to small-scale start-ups.
FluidDA was founded as a spin off company from the University of Antwerp late 2005 and consists of a qualified team of professionals with several years of experience in the field of medicine and engineering.
Reducing cost and development time using functional imaging
In recent studies we have demonstrated that the use of imaging modalities such as CT and MRI in combination with advanced engineering tools provides very sensitive outcome parameters. This has, for instance, been demonstrated when assessing the mode of action of bronchodilators in asthmatic and COPD patients. The use of more sensitive outcome parameters in pre-clinical and early clinical phases has the large potential to be cost efficient through its predictive capabilities and by identifying 'early failures'. Significant effort has been invested in validating the modeling approach and optimizing the patient specific image analysis.
A brief description of the services provided by FluidDA:
- Image analysis (CT, MRI, PET, SPECT)
- CFD/FEA analysis in patient specific, animal and generic models
- Phenotyping of respiratory diseases (asthma, COPD, CF, ARDS, ALI)
- Personalized deposition modeling in pre-clinical and early clinical phases
- Application of functional imaging in early clinical trials (phase I/II)
- Device design and optimization
- Analysis and design of treatments for obstructive sleep apnea (OSAHS)
Drie Eikenstraat 661
Tel +32 3 826 93 88
Fax +32 3 826 93 09